Saturday, June 28, 2014

Lost Texan Adventures-Day 3

Day 3 - June 18th, 2013 - Table Rock State Park, Branson, MO

We woke up to a nice sunny cool summer morning, and then headed out to nearby Big Cedar Lodge for breakfast…er, I mean lunch. Why the late start? Well let me explain. The boys all tumbled into bed around 10 or 11pm. Then I  decided that some peace and quiet to post my journal entry while watching the fire and sipping on some wine was just what the doctor ordered. I am by nature a night owl and I love the quiet solitude after everyone else in the house had gone to sleep. The problem is, I gotta have 7 or 8 hours of shut eye, and when you stay up until 12 or 1 am and then your youngest son wakes up with the roosters, that creates a serious sleep deficit over time. Not a good thing. So last night I decided at 1 am that it would be a good thing to take a Benadryl to ensure a deep restful slumber. Well. That would have been a FINE idea if I had the luxury of slumbering in a comatose state for 12-15 hours. That stuff knocks me out! And then suddenly our camper was alive and bustling with morning activity by 8am. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. It was all I could do to stumble out of bed, get dressed and try to function coherently. I spent the better part of the day in a zombie-like state. Even my double shot Cappuccino didn't help much. Then we set out for Big Cedar Lodge, which was a short 3 mile jaunt from our campsite. Oh my, if you are an outdoor enthusiast who enjoys rustic logic cabins set on a serene Table Rock Lake setting, then this place is a little slice of heaven. Absolutely beautiful, with rustic wood log cabins nestled in a heavily wooded hillside, while kayakers and canoers glide quietly by on the pristine Table Rock Lake. Wow, if there was a 'natural Xanax' this is it.You cant help but feel the stress drain away from you as you gaze blissfully upon the beautiful Ozark Mountain/ Lake scenery. 

So relaxing... 







Until tomorrow…
The Happy Campers





No comments:

Post a Comment