Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Bed Of Leaves


My yard is full of leaves today
Brown and Yellow and Gold
I think I'll rake them in a pile
Higher than my head

Then I'll pretend it is my bed
I'll jump in very quick
And pile the leaves up over me
For covers soft and thick

I'll just lie there so nice and warm
And look up at the sky
And watch more leaves float down
for me to rake up bye and bye

Leaves…



Leaves…


Everywhere!



The natural assumption would be that when one has mass quantities of leaves such as this in one's yard that one would rake them up and bag them.


Even with the best of intentions, raking leaves of epic proportions does get monotonous after a while.

Hmmm, I think I know what would be waaaay more fun than raking leaves up into neat little piles…




Touchdown!

That's what I'm talking' about-this is my kind of yard "work"!


Raking leaves is so over-rated…


 Isn't that why they make leaf blowers?


…and all the leaves came sailing down!








No comments:

Post a Comment